Tuesday 30 September 2014

Anything You Want To Post About

Hello guys! Welcome to the last day of my blogging challenge. Wow. September flew by didn't it? I'm actually pretty sad about that. I wrote a longer post this afternoon about this so you can check that out.

Today was a long day. My Instagram best friend and I spent the whole day fighting off bullies and hackers. It was exhausting but I think it brought us closer. I've always been a strong believer in standing by your friends and I'm glad I did that today.

Today I wanted to talk to you guys about Fan fiction. In particular, the ones that I have written. So today I was changing my blog layout and I was adding a navigation bar to make life easier for you guys. You can check it out but it's not all ready yet. The 'contact me' page is though. So I was adding the links and I decided to include my Fan fiction profile.

That basically led me down memory lane. I started reading the Twilight/Titanic crossover I did in 2012. Now usually when I look back at my writing, I will cringe in horror. But for this particular story, I found myself loving it and actually tearing up as I read it. I wrote it over the course of 11 months in 2012 and it was I think one of my best pieces of fiction writing to date. And coming from me, that's saying something considering that I am my biggest critic.

You guys can check it out here: The RMS Titanic: The Ship Of Dreams

I hope you like it. If you do, you can check out the two other stories I wrote by following the link to my profile. One is Vampire Diaries and the other a pure Twilight.

I know the stereotype is that fan fiction is full of sex (or lemons as we call it in the fan fic world). But that's not true. I never wrote sex into my stories. I wrote love in. I wrote cute romance. But never sex. A lot of people think that fan fiction is not real writing but I beg to disagree. It is hard work and it is just as much effort if not more to write a blog post or novel.

Now I'm going to go because I am basically 5 followers away from hitting the big 10k!

No comments:

Post a Comment