Monday 1 September 2014

The Difference Between My Personal and Internet Life

Today is the first day of my 30-day blogging challenge and this is the first topic. So let's start.
-
I personally don't think there is much difference between my Internet and personal life but after some thinking I came up with a few differences. My internet life mostly consists of @obsessedwithvamps so that's the context here.

1) I'm More Outgoing

When I'm online, I tend to make friends much more easily. I am more likely to initiate a friendship and I love to hold conversations. In real life, I am actually pretty quiet and I usually wait for people to approach me. I never make the first move in any situation whatsoever because I am very introverted and scared of screwing up.

2) I Am More Confident

I think the people that follow me give me a confidence boost that I never experience in real life. I mean, till today it absolutely astounds me that 7.7k strangers follow me on Instagram. It still baffles me that strangers who owe me nothing at all read the stories I put up and they cry, enjoy it and love it. It's really amazing to me. In addition to that, people who see my pictures online actually say that I'm pretty. These strangers find me pretty.  I rarely get told that I'm pretty in real life. Even on my personal social media accounts. So I guess I am more confident online because these strangers enjoy the content I put out and they think I look good so I know I'm going in the right direction.

3) I Say What I Feel

In real life, as I have mentioned before, I am very quiet. Meaning that if a friend or someone says something that I find offensive, I won't voice it out. I will just keep quiet.

Online, if someone says something rude, I will call them out on it and say that I was uncomfortable or upset with what they said or did.

In addition to that, I am a huge fangirl. I get very excited about things like my favourite TV shows, my favourite cast members, Youtubers and more. I can really fangirl. In real life, I hardly ever go full fangirl. The only time I ever did something close was when Troye Sivan secretly dropped 'Happy Little Pill' on Tumblr and I was so anxious to hear it that I listened to it with my friends around me and I kind of spazzed out a lot. They got pretty freaked out...

Online, when I see a new OTP picture or something, I will openly fangirl because I know that my followers and friends online are just as much fangirls as I am. They too will spazz and scream and go insane with me. And I don't care if that makes me a nerd or makes me look and sound stupid. I feel like I have the right to get excited about my favourite things.
-
 So I guess I can really say that I am more myself online then in real life. There is a difference indeed.



No comments:

Post a Comment