Saturday 27 September 2014

September Item Favorites

Hey guys! So this month, I've decided to be braver. I'm going to do a monthy favourites for my music and a monthly favourites for actual items. I'm also thinking about doing monthly favourites for books but I'm not too sure yet because I'm not the fastest reader in the world. If you want to check out my August music favourites, click here. It will open in a new tab so don't worry. So this post is for my items. Let's do this!

-
1) Typo Owl Coasters

Recently, my mom got me owl coasters from Typo. They are absolutely gorgeous and compliment my bedside table so well. I absolutely adore them. They were only $5 with any purchase from Typo which was super awesome because who doesn't love cheap stuff am I right?




2) Owl Throw Pillow

So, in line with my bedroom makeover, I decided that I needed to deck my bed out in cooler bedding. Also, I needed a new throw pillow cover to compliment my black and pink bedding. So I started hunting around on Redbubble but the sizes were all wrong for my pillow which was from IKEA originally. So my mom gave me the IKEA catalogue and I found the most gorgeous hot pink, owl throw pillow case. I immediately called IKEA to find out if they had it. They said that it had been discontinued and that they didn't have it anymore.

I was super upset about that because it was truly gorgeous. However, we still decided to go to IKEA to look for a different throw pillow cover. We got there and immediately found the hot pink, owl throw pillow cover. I was beyond happy (Really IKEA staff?? You don't have the product anymore?? REALLY??)

So I got it and it was gorgeous and complimented my bed so well. I was so happy with it. I don't remember how much it was exactly but I know that the throw pillow cover itself was about below $8 bucks. That said, I don't doubt that they have discontinued the item. I'm sure that it was just leftover stock so if you want it, better hurry.



3) Popcorn

I mentioned this a few days ago but I recently bought a box of popcorn that you can pop yourself in the microwave. I felt that I just had to mention this in my monthly favourites because I just love it so so much.


So this popcorn is about $4 for 3 big bowls and it is the Movie Theater Butter flavour. It's actually pretty hard to find. I found it in Fairprice (it's a local supermarket, my international friends). It was at the bottom shelf right in the corner so if you're looking for it, look carefully. I'm not sure if it's an international brand but the name sounds pretty American or British so you can try.

Popcorn is supposed to actually be a really healthy snack. I doubt this is very healthy because of the butter and salt in it but it's pretty awesome and certainly better then a pack of processed Doritos.


4) My TRXYE Jumper

I got my TRXYE jumper in the mail like 2 days ago. Ever since then, I've been wearing it as much as it is bearable in this hot Singapore weather. It is so comfy. I just can't even with this jumper. It is perfect especially for a Youtuber fan because the entire Youtube community came together to support Troye Sivan's album by buying one of his jumpers. So a whole lot of big-time Youtubers like Tyler Oakley, Zoella, Pointlessblog, Jim Chapman, Tanya Burr, Sprinkleofglitter and so many more are wearing this exact same jumper.

Now I know the price is actually pretty steep for a jumper but it was something I really wanted and so I saved up for it myself and it was a gift for myself for hard work done. I got it at $69 inclusive of shipping. I know. I know. I'm cringing too. But I am a huge Youtuber fan and I just really really wanted it so much so don't judge me.


5) SilkPro Hair Revival Serum

I'm cheating just a bit with this one. I've actually known and owned this particular serum for quite a few months now. But I just had to include it because it's so wonderful. So I found my first bottle in a local store. It was relatively cheap. If I'm not wrong it's only about $10 which was ridiculously cheap compared to the $30-$50 ones my hairdresser offered me.

So I got the serum and it was heaven in a freaking bottle. I'm not even exaggerating. This thing smells so good and it makes my hair so soft. I have naturally frizzy hair but this serum works wonders to tame it. It just makes my hair so soft and manageable. My hair also has really nice natural curls (it's nice now but when I was younger it was horrific) so the serum really helps to make my curls look even better. In fact, sometimes it makes my hair curlier (in a good way) and overall just compliments my look without me having to do anything else with my hair.


-

*All prices are in SGD. Click here for a currency converter. (I'm so nice. I give you a converter. Am I not wonderful?)
*All photos are by me. Credits are needed if you want to use them okay? Let's be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment