Tuesday 30 September 2014

Just A Little Something

Hello readers! So today is the last day of my 30 day blogging challenge. After I post tonight, it will mark 30 consecutive days of being disciplined enough to blog everyday. I am honestly sad. I enjoyed this so very much and I just can't believe how fast 30 days flew by.

Blogging everyday has taught me many things. Firstly, I understand discipline when it comes to writing. Secondly, I learnt a lot about what a blog should be if I want it to be professional.

When I started this blog, I wanted it to be professional. I wanted people to read what I put out and I wanted to be able to call myself a blogger. As I wrote, I learnt that it takes a lot of work. Work which, by the way, I was more then willing to do. I also learnt that a blog simply dedicated to my life wasn't going to make me a big-time blogger. Unless I'm some famous person who is out there doing fantastic things everyday, why would anyone really care about my day and if I can or cannot take a nap?

So I began toying with the idea of turning my blog into a lifestyle blog. I'm drawing a lot of inspiration from Zoella and Sprinkleofglitter of course. I want to be able to be a blogger like them.

As I'm writing this, I'm also experimenting with different things. I've mentioned before that I'm not a girly kind of person. I'm not into make-up or beauty products or dressing up beyond what is comfortable and presentable. However, I want to be that kind of person. I want to obsess over something as frivolous as a hair mask (I learnt what a hair mask is today). So I then thought, what if my blog helped people who were hopeless at things like this? I would be learning with them that way. I might even try doing that.

The point is that I want to try making my blog into something that people would love to read. And a lifestyle blog seems to be the way to go. I know what you must be thinking. "How dare she have the audacity to think that she has what it takes?". I don't. I don't know what I'm doing and I think that's the point. Learning all this stuff so that I can write about it is going to be very scary for me. But then I think of my Instagram page, @obsessedwithvamps.

When I started obsessedwithvamps, I used to post pictures and get zero likes. I got zero likes because I had zero followers. Yet I continued to post. Little by little, one human at a time, people started following me. Next thing I knew, I had 9.9k and I'm about to hit 10,000 followers. 10 thousand people. That's crazy! But it shows me that nothing is impossible. I can start this and I can make it big if I keep at it. I just have to want it bad enough.

That's mostly why I adore Youtubers. They are regular people who were brave enough to start something and they made themselves who they are. They too started from zero which I find so inspiring. That is also why Zoe is my role model. She overcame so much to become who she is today and I really admire her so much.

So here's to the start of being a lifestyle blogger. Let's hope I don't mess this up.

No comments:

Post a Comment