Sunday 30 November 2014

The Life Intended By Kristin Harmel


In this richly told story, Kristin Harmel weaves a heart-wrenching tale that asks: what does it take to move forward in life without forgetting the past?

After her husband's sudden death over ten years ago, Kate Waithman never expected to be lucky enough to find another love of her life. But now she's planning her second walk down the aisle to a perfectly nice man. So why isn't she more excited?

At first, Kate blames her lack of sleep on stress. But when she starts seeing Patrick, her late husband, in her dreams, she begins to wonder if she's really ready to move on. Is Patrick trying to tell her something? Attempting to navigate between dreams and reality, Kate must uncover her husband's hidden message. Her quest leads her to a sign language class and into the New York City foster system, where she finds rewards greater than she could have imagined.
 -Goodreads
-
Can I just say firstly that this book made me cry exactly 3 times? That's 3 times more then I usually cry over books. I cried at the first chapter, I cried at the second chapter and I cried at the epilogue. And the rest of the time I was just heartbroken.  I was wrecked with this book and now I have a serious book hangover.



Okay. Calm down Cam. Professional mode: ON.

This book has definitely made my list as being one of the best books of 2014. It was engaging, sweet, honest and the characters were lovable and real. I enjoyed the storyline so incredibly much. It almost felt like I was reading a true story. Which is strange because the book has so many coincidences that you would never imagine would happen in real life. Yet the book still felt surprisingly real and not at all like a fantasy novel or anything like that. Not that it even is in the fantasy genre.

I really enjoyed watching Kate struggle to get over Patrick and learning through the dreams how to finally be happy. I think my favourite part was the epilogue. When she had that final dream of Patrick but how she was so contented with her own life that she no longer felt that burning desire to stay like she did when she first got the dreams.

This book is not yet published but it will be incredibly soon. I would advise everyone to grab a copy as soon as it goes on sale because you don't want to miss this incredible read.


My Rating: 5/5
Date Of Publication: 30th December 2014
-
Special thanks to the publishers for giving me an advanced copy of this book to review.

No comments:

Post a Comment