Tuesday 11 November 2014

Simple Hair Care Tips


I like looking for little tips online on how I can improve the health of my skin and hair. And I don't mean looking for which products to use or which fruit will make my hair magically fabulous. I mean tiny things and changes that one can make in their lives that will make a difference. They are all things I've just learnt from my hairdresser or from experience. So obviously I am in no way an expert.

1) Wash you hair in cold water

When you wash your hair, wash off the shampoo with lukewarm water and then wash off your conditioner with cold water. Or as cold as you can manage. It makes your hair shinier. Also remember that washing your hair with hot water is actually really bad for your hair. No matter how nice it feels.

2) Wash you face after washing your hair

If you're like me and you wash your face and hair while in the shower, then wash your face after washing your hair. This is a bit of a skin and hair tip really. Just think of this. After washing off the shampoo, you might get some of the dirt and grease that was in your hair on your face from washing it off. So wash your face after you've washed off the shampoo.

3) Don't read a book while drying your hair

I'm pretty sure everyone sometimes gets bored while drying their hair. I do too and once I started to read a book while drying and I ended up over-drying my hair and having really frizzy hair all day. So focus on the drying. It will save you a lot of heartache later on.

4) Comb out your hair before your shower 

Did you know that your hair is more brittle when it is wet? That is why many experts don't recommend combing your hair immediately after a shower.  So comb your hair out and detangle it before a shower and you will find that after the shower, your hair is slightly less tangled. If you really must detangle your hair when it is wet, use your fingers or a wide-toothed comb.

 Or just drag a brush through it anyway...I won't deny doing this a couple of times...Okay maybe more then just a couple of times...

5) Let your hair air-dry as often as possible

Everyone knows that heat is bad for your hair. In fact you shouldn't be using heat on your hair everyday (I'm talking about curling and straightening irons). However, blow-drying your hair is important and pretty much everyone has to do it. It's unavoidable especially if you are going out. So I learnt that one way to minimise the heat used is to firstly not blow-dry your hair if you are not going out or doing anything that would require dry hair (And what would that be Cam?). So at night and on the weekends, I simply towel dry my hair such that it isn't dripping wet then I let it air dry. I don't know if this is the best way because my mom likes to nag at me about leaving my hair wet. But I think it's a good way to reduce heat on your hair. Alternatively, you could buy a hair dryer that allows you to control the heat and things like that.

Or use a heat protectant which I know nothing about anyway.



No comments:

Post a Comment