Monday 17 November 2014

Forgiven (The Trouble 0.5) By Rachel Morgan


Three hundred and six days ago, Julia ran away from home. Abandoning her family, friends, boyfriend, and university plans, she fled with no explanation. She can’t hide forever, though, and now it’s time to face the mess she left behind. -Goodreads


-

When I started this novel, I was very confused because my Kindle was telling me that the book was only about an hour and a half long. I was left wondering if my Kindle was screwing up. Turns out, this book is actually a novella. So this was my first time reading a novella (obviously. I mean how noob could I be?)

The book starts out with Julia returning home after running away for months. There are many mentions to the secret that she is hiding and that kind of rushes the book along which I didn't enjoy too much. I felt that the book lacked the usual structure that one finds in full novels. However I guess this must be the style of a novella. 

So the book continues and it follows Julia as she reconnects with her ex-boyfriend and eventually the secret that she ran away to keep comes out. I won't spoil it for you of course but again, I felt like everything was too rushed. I felt like I hadn't had time to fully immerse myself into the world that Rachel Morgan was painting before I was rushed to the happy ending. 

That said, Rachel Morgan has a unique and lovely way of writing that just draws you in. It's a pity that the book couldn't have been drawn out into a longer story because I feel like Rachel really had to potential to run with this story. 

I enjoyed the book and the story and if you are looking for a quick but interesting read, I would recommend trying this book out.

My Rating: 3/5
*A copy of this book was given to me to read and review*
Purchase the books at The Book Depositary using my special link Here
-

No comments:

Post a Comment