Wednesday 6 August 2014

Faceless Writer

Every time I post something on this blog, I feel like I'm giving away a part of myself. I'm allowing people to see a part of me and to share an opinion, feeling or experience with me.

 I only recently started this blog but I've already found a lot of joy in writing down the thoughts that often keep me up at night. In fact, the draft section of my page is full of half-written entries simply because I needed a place to pen things down.

I guess for a long time, I've enjoyed the facelessness of the internet. All the way from when I was 13 and put my first fan fiction up on the web, I've had an addiction so to speak. An addiction to allowing faceless people enjoy what I can offer up.

I never liked it when people I know read what I have to say because I guess it gave them an impression of me. If for some strange reason they actually enjoyed my writing, I would become that girl who blogged. Or the girl who writes fan fiction. Or the girl who is such a fangirl she would actually create a fandom account on Instagram. I never liked being thought of as that.

Yes I'm proud of what I have achieved. I will never forget the day I hit 1000 followers on Instagram. I will never forget the very first time someone told me that they had cried reading a story I wrote. I will never forget the people that begged me to continue writing my fan fiction because they truly loved what I was writing. These moments shaped me and made me into the writer and person I am today.

There is something amazing I guess when a complete stranger, who owes you absolutely nothing, decides to read what you wrote and decides that your writing is worthy of praise.

I don't even really know where I'm going with this post. It's just one of those nights I guess.

Till today, I don't know why anyone would care about what I have to say. I'm not Stephen King. I'm not famous. I'm not even remotely interesting. But here you go. My blog is about to hit 1000 views . I just hit 7k on Instagram.

I really like this place called the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment